New Blog Post - Who Dis?

 


It is the year 2021. No one reads blogs anymore.... do they? Opinions are divided on this. In this age of 240 character tweets and hashtag IG influencing madness, no one seems to want to spend their time scrolling through a post unless they are one of those 'intellectual' types who like 'long reads' (which is really just a decent amount of text, if you ask me). So, in this age of 'three sentences or less' why on earth would I start another blog? I gave up blogging, didn't I? 

Maybe it's the lockdown that never ends. Maybe it's the fact that social media holds as much attraction for me as an overripe tuna sandwich left out in the sun. Maybe I'm just bored because I have an ankle contusion and have to spend a lot of time with my foot in the air. Whatever the reason, I have decided that this blogging thing might do for my brain what a good run would do if I were allowed to go for one (the picture above is of the last time I went for a nice long run with Luna, who is the namesake of this blog).

What will it be about? Nothing in particular, and everything I can think of. I have many interests and quite a lot to say about all of them. Sometimes I may just rant. Who knows? That is part of the fun of having a blog just for the sheer pleasure of it. I have no goal. I may not even get any comments or have anyone like a post. I may just end up ranting at the Internet void... but maybe, just maybe, the void might throw something back.

So, hello to you out there in the void. Nice to meet you. This is me, and my dog Luna. 

Comments

  1. Hello from the void! You don’t need to shout or rant into me. The wonder of being the void is that I am everywhere, and therefore right next to you! :) Anyway, a wonderfully witty first post and long may your blog continue. I shall look forward to the next post 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's probably not going to be as regular as I originally intended, but I'll be throwing some more up over the coming week. x

      Delete
  2. Hello - found you via a RT on Twitter... this is really weird LOL -I decided on Sunday to start MY blog up again, with just thoughts, ideas, rants, some guests. So Snap ... great (or is that utterly bonkers) minds think alike! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, Helen! I shall pop over and see what's on yours toot suite! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts